Thursday 6 September 2012

WHERE THE WILD BLOOMS GROW:



Take me to where the pretty blooms,
Where mauve heathered fields blow,
Beneath summer Junes & ancient moons,
To where only the hare & deer go.

Take me to where the scarlet poppies nod,
Where daffodils sway in sweet spring breeze,
And watercress paddles her cloven toes in sod,
Where snowdrops have left winter´s freeze.

Take me to the sunflowers golden smiles,
Where the phlox & chamomile gaily plays,
And in woods, bluebells grow for many miles,
Where the wild thyme, sage & lavender sways.

Lull me where the lovely lilac lupins linger,
Where nettles & harebells dwell in fairy dells,
And otters frolic among the river-reed fingers,
Where old ferns seeks stones of ancient wishing-wells.

I seek not the orchid, Lilly, nor elegant red velvet rose,
Show me blooms of wood, field & green mossy fen,
Where birds soar, water gurgles & the sweet wind blows,
To where all can grow, without the meddling hand of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment