Monday 17 September 2012

THE GRAVEYARD:



You´ve gone now & have left me alone,
Dust to dust, of wasted flesh and bone,
I seek you in empty spaces & word of Bard,
I only feel close to you in the old graveyard,
This still Seraphic place of your final rest,
Eternally enfolded by earth´s sweet breast.

I wend my keening way around old tomb stones,
Final abode for life´s eroded weary old bones,
Echoing ethereal whisperings of enfolding spirits,
Confiding their secrets in ancient sighing lyrics,
The midnight spinnings of moonlight webs,
Bestowing mantles of spiders gentle beds.

The weaving woeful songs of haunting owls,
The distant weeping of lost wolves howls,
The gentle breeze of the bat-yard´s wings,
In this twilight orchestra I hear you sing,
And only in this graveyard I feel you near,
Where on your tomb I sit, & shed a tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment