Saturday 1 September 2012

THE LIGHTHOUSE-KEEPER:



I hear her beckon across the sea,
“Come pretty weeper, please come to me”,
Through ancient mists & squally spume,
In starless nights, I see her loom,
She tells me to leave behind the pain,
As the moon slowly ebbs & wanes,
Ships saved from jagged rocks,
As mermaids laugh & Neptune mocks,
Her night´s beacon lures & calls,
Telling me to leave & break down walls,
To walk away from all I know,
And fly upon the winds that blow,
No regrets & no more tears,
To leave behind unfounded fears,
I hear upon the voiceless breeze,
Across the oceans & all the seas,
I see her signal & she hears me moan,
She hears me weep & I know she´s alone,
She´ll hide me from the world & hell,
No one will find me & she won´t tell,
“Come to me, my pretty weeper,
I´ll enfold you & you´ll be my keeper”.

No comments:

Post a Comment