Tuesday 12 June 2012

THE TRAVELLER:



TO HER:
Isn´t it sad to see her waiting for the boat that never came?
So sad to see the lines of sacrifice within her smile,
While waiting, she turns to some secret place to weep,
The dawn dries her tears & the rain washes away her blame.

TO HIM:
Weary traveller, pack your pocket & carry on,
You see her sad smiling face as you wave to land,
Your mind turns as a windmill on the foam,
Each time you break her heart, you ask, “what have I done?”

HER:
It´s not the way you led me by the hand,
There was no talk of darkness,
No shadows cold & clear,
No cheap scented roses flung upon the sand.

HIM:
Woman, dreams are often broken, it´s true,
I hear your sigh carried to the moon on the wing of a dove,
I was tortured by your breath from across the sea,
For a night in eternity, you were me & I was you.

HER:
Man of the elements & earthly kingdom,
I wanted to be your body & soul, your perpetual shadow,
But even if for you, I swam a million oceans,
The only love you´d take from me would be freedom.

1 comment:

  1. "It´s not the way you led me by the hand,
    There was no talk of darkness,
    No shadows cold & clear,
    No cheap scented roses flung upon the sand."

    Sue, I love the way you approached this with a heartfelt dialogue. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete