Friday 22 June 2012

DAY:



Slowly, gently, you open sleepy, starry lid,
Far in advance of the human eye,
Guiltily I peep, unsure of your temper, my promising day,
Your heart, the sun, slumbers till haunting moon has hid,
Suddenly your soul explodes from singing, yearning sky.

A chorus of colour & music fills the sea & waiting earth,
No human but I, aware of you, behind sleepy drugged orb,
You laugh with dawn privacy of promised expectation,
I hope to God, your creator, that this spectacular is what you´re worth,
Feathered friends drink the scented dew, & from un-spoilt day absorb.

Man yawns & with him the world awakes in pain,
Slowly, as rotting fruit you sadly spoil,
Smiling sorrowfully you continue your existence,
Where is your laughing birth? Why does your happiness wane?
A sigh of breeze, a tear of rain; your sadness embraces the soil.

The moon pats you on the back & duskily consoles,
“I´m sorry it all went wrong, it may be better tomorrow”,
But for some, it never really does,
Yet, you continue hoping for the joy of human souls,
And I weep at sunset for your fatigued sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment