Sunday 10 June 2012

SEARCHING:



At birth I walked through holy church door,
Where preacher told of sin, punishment & more,
So I walked down the aisle, past font, pew & gargoyle´s clawed paw,
And walked out of my church not finding the lore.

I entered the synagogue, seeking  sign of life anew,
But the rabbi spoke only of the special chosen few,
So I walked past the men with the Torah in white & blue,
I didn’t belong there, that much was true.

I approached the mosque in dawn´s rosy morn,
Looking for answers, but I only got scorn,
So I walked between the humble kneeling at dawn,
And I knew that this isn’t for what I was born.

Into the temples of Buddhists & Hindus I went,
Asking them all what to them the word “God” meant,
They answered in wailings & chants until they were spent,
“Please someone somewhere, why to earth was I sent?”

I entered the forest feeling lost & alone,
I saw a circle of Druids holding hands in a drone,
They gave me a smile & said “welcome home”,
No dogma, no sin, just life as it´s known.

“Welcome to our church of the elements wild,
To our teachers of nature, kind, gentle & mild,
Be not afraid, there´s no need to be riled,
Give us your hand, here you are welcome my child”.

No comments:

Post a Comment