Sunday 19 October 2014

THEY SAID:


They said, “Convent walls & holy closed cloisters”,

But I said “No, give me champagne & rich oysters”,

They said that no good would come of big cities,

But I flounced off, showing my thighs & big titties.

 

Life went by in fun, spent money & such frolics,

Dancing through time, with whores & alcoholics,

The gilt wore thin with age, as did this old girl,

Where did life go, in such rapid rushed whirl?

 

They had said & how very right they all were,

How I long now, for incense & holy rich myrrh,

Of convent cell, solitary, deep quiet & so still,

I should have listened, while I still had the will.

 

Oh for soft chantings, of nave, altar & old shrine,

That place where my desires, now lie low & supine,

With ageing body crumbling & prayers in my head,

Echoing through my soul, those words that they said.

No comments:

Post a Comment