Tuesday 28 October 2014

I AM WOMAN, I AM ME:


I am fat & wear my kaftans, of long coloured frill,

I am lean & dress in black, just to look leaner still,

My hair is as thick as wool & I wear it long & grey,

I am as bald as an egg & wear turbans bold & gay,

I am loud & brash, I love to sing & have lots to say,

I wear beads & pretty bracelets & earrings that sway,

I am quiet & subdued, which just gets people listening,

I paint my dark eyes bold & my lips red & glistening,

I am soft, I am hard, I laugh, I whisper & also weep,

I dance beneath old moons, when other folk sleep,

I love dark chocolate, red wine & a whiskey or two,

I am one woman, maybe two; I am even quite a few,

I am black, I am white, I am yellow, brown or gold,

 I am maid, I am mother, I´m also Crone, wrinkled old,

I am everything & everyone, I am now so totally free,

Because I am all women & I am totally now, all me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment