Wednesday 29 October 2014

JUST ONE MORE:


God asked her at the pearly gates, at a quarter to three,

“If you had one more wish my dear, what would it be?

Maybe one more day on earth, to bid your fond farewells,

Perhaps, to confess in prayer & save you from hot hells”.

 

Oh yes my Lord, yes, extra time would be so very fine,

Enough time to imbibe, that last glass of rubied wine,

Or one last square of chocolate, dark silky & smooth,

Who needs confession of sin, to calm the soul & soothe?

 

Just one more day my Lord, for a joke, a laugh & a smile,

To tell all my loved ones, I´ll be gone in just a little while,

To tell them I love them, right my wrongs & say I am sorry,

To let them all know I´ll be fine & tell them never to worry.

 

Lord, I would love one more day, just to paint my lips red,

To don ribboned dancing shoes & purple hat upon my head,

To welcome one more sunrise & to say goodbye to the moon,

One more day Lord, to tell them all, “I shall be seeing you soon.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment