Thursday 3 October 2013

WENDING:



I´ll go walking, winding & forever tiptoe wending,
Upon roads, tracks & along pathways softly bending,
Through oaken woods & forests, leafy, mossy & green,
Where little folk & small creatures hide & can´t be seen.

I spy with my little eye, elves & gnomes  in acorn hats,
And dipping into lilac shades, silk-skinned Smoky bats,
Pixies sat on toadstools & dainty fairies flittering free,
Hedgehogs in old leaves & owls spying from tops of trees.

Traipsing past old stone tombs & peeping tree-bark faces,
Down to the wishing well & past all the old magic places,
I´ll go treading upon ancient pebbles, of long-ago-lost-time,
Skipping & tripping, towards golden days which brightly shine.

Leaving faraway & behind, old wept tears of sorry dark dross,
Weaving between the snowdrops, bluebells & new spring moss,
Take my hand my little one & please wend awhile with me,
Together we shall amble & I´ll show you a world that´s free.





No comments:

Post a Comment