Thursday 24 October 2013

FANTASIA:



I wandered through the old & oaken woods,
Where the ravens blushed & old yews stood,
Where cold streams giggled & called my name,
And hob-goblins bowed & deemed me a Dame.

Rooks curtsied ebon with the tips of their wings,
And bees kissed me softly without barbed stings,
Bluebells nodded, dainty daisies winked & smiled,
Saying one & all, “Welcome to here-our pretty child”.

Otters frolicked, toads sang & red foxes shyly peeped,
Through moss-clad stones, ancient waters coldly seeped,
While faeries danced upon the spotted toadstools heads,
And wee woodland creatures curled up in autumnal beds.

Am I only dreaming, or is this true, in all that I´m seeing?
Small animals talking & dancing & strange little beings,
“If you believe it, you´ll create it”, said the wise old owl,
And in the distant moonlight, I heard the grey wolf howl.

No comments:

Post a Comment