Wednesday 23 October 2013

QUESTIONS:



Where do you go? Asked the child of the sun,
When you disappear & the day is finally done,
Sun said, I visit the other side of this big old earth,
So that the future may live, thrive & give new birth.

And where do you go? Asked the child of the sky,
Through curtains of air, I cannot see with my eye,
Sky said, I float upon clouds & am mantled in air,
So that birds on thermals may go high, here & there.

And where do you go? Asked the child of the moon,
When I´ve opened my eyes, you have gone far too soon,
Moon said, I garb you in stars & soft moon-beam dreams,
I´m guarding your nights & your tomorrow´s great schemes.

And where do you go? Asked the child of the great salty sea,
After tickling my toes, you go running far away, salty & free,
Sea said, I dance off to the shores of a million soft lands,
But always returning to you & your sweet waiting hands.

And where do I go? Asked the old man of his imminent death,
When this old body draws its final & shuddering last breath,
Death said, you´ll be taken back home, where you really belong,
Where you´ll learn life´s beginnings in her delightful new song.

No comments:

Post a Comment