Sunday 27 October 2013

THE STREAM:



The small young stream said to the old green river,
“Dear Old River, I want so much to be just like you,”
“Stream, you are far too young & you´re all of a shiver,
You rush, you gush & you spit at rain & poor old dew.”

“Stream, you giggle too much & are in too much of a hurry,
If you want to grow, swell & be an enormous river like me,
You can´t point an accusing finger at the snowflake´s flurry,
And it takes a very long time & wisdom to reach the big sea.”

“Dear River, what must I do? Give me advice on what to do,
You always look so calm & patient, always meander so slow,
I want to be meandering; grand, green & regal just like you,”
“Look & listen little stream, you’ve a long way yet to flow.”

“As water flowing on earth, we have all the time in the world,
We were here long before man & will be long after he´s gone,
Just take your time & going around the bends, just softly curl,
Whether the rain has fallen, or upon you, the sun has shone.”

“Take my wet fingers little stream & I shall guard & teach you,
Gently we´ll wend together & I´ll guide you to the oceans & seas,
To where otters play with your tears, where herons once fed & flew,
From the trickle of icy cold mountains, you´ll soon be a river like me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment