Tuesday 29 October 2013

FOX:



I am of emerald eye, I am the fox,
I am of brush-tail & snow-white socks,
I am of red scarlet fur & fleet of paw,
I am sharp of tooth & even sharper claw.
I am Fox.

I am hunted, hounded, trapped & snared,
All by hounds, horses, farmers & the lairds,
My fur is worn around cold wrinkled necks,
Ignoring my pain, my blood in flow & specks.
I am Fox.

I creep, sneak & crawl on my quiet belly low,
And beneath the Welsh moon, I sleep below,
Hidden in forest´s cover & the Brecon´s hills,
Slinking behind all men´s banal & sinful ills.
I am Fox.

I take my sustenance from wherever I can find,
Often in the land of the urban & all of mankind,
I have no choice, as my home they have robbed,
Now it is me who weeps, where they once sobbed.
I am Fox.



No comments:

Post a Comment