Tuesday 1 October 2013

GHOSTS:

Is it you, I hear whispering on the gentle breeze?
Is it you, I can hear in the cold shivering of trees?
Is it you, pulling around me the ribbons of night?
Soft teasing & tickling my dreams, till dawning of light.

Is it you, caressing & willing the curtains to dance?
Is it you, whom I see in shadows, or merely chance?
Is it you, unseen & tossing the odd coins at my feet?
Is it you, disappearing round corners of every street?

Is it you, whom I feel planting kiss upon my wet cheek?
Is it you, giving me strength when I feel sad & so weak?
Is it you, blowing white feathers across my trod path?
Is it your voice, which I hear in that lost fleeting laugh?

And what about those words I hear in the singing of song?
Is that you serenading me, or could I be so terribly wrong?
And the gossamer silk that I feel, enfolding me so close,
Are these things you, or is it merely your long lost ghost?

Yes it is me, in the breeze, the songs & in all you can feel,
It´s me you sense in your prayers, when you bend & kneel,
Never fear, I am always close & I´m in everything you see,
Just remember, I am gone, but you will always be close to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment