Friday 25 October 2013

HEEDING OBEDIENCE:



I heard it from that distant call, of faraway earth,
So from spirit, I came through bloody carnal birth,
And heeding & obeying my parent´s insistent voice,
Being so very young, yet I knew I did not have a choice.

I grew through the knowledge of teacher´s beck & calls,
Upon eggshells of God´s rules & through nations stately halls,
And at bugle´s call to war, I had to heed & be ready to obey,
And kow-tow to my leaders, whom brayed within life´s fray.

I taught my sons & daughters, what was right from very wrong,
And expected my dear wife to follow & sing my own sad song,
Then the day dawned clear but late, when I was on my aged own,
And I realized that the seeds of obedience, were so unfairly sown.

And in my old age & doting, I have now broken all known rules,
I do not follow sheep, nor do I heed all those silly harping mules,
I only follow flights of birds & bow down to distant milky moons,
I hark now only the voice of forests & the nodding fields of blooms.

I listen to all waters flowing & heed the wisdom of wise old trees,
Taking notes of secrets growing, blown to me upon soft breeze,
My mentors are the beasts of earth & all the changing seasons,
And now the only voice I heed is the one of nature´s wise reason.





No comments:

Post a Comment