Saturday 9 March 2013

WINGED MESSAGES:



In the new darkened hours of blued pristine dawn,
I had a mysterious dreaming from heaven´s morn,
By unseen voice I was told I should follow the bird,
But it was up to me on which voice I heed & heard.

Is it the coal-pitted voice of night´s ebony raven?
That I´m now to follow to my sought after haven,
Maybe I should follow the caw of the rambling rook,
 I hear bubbling over that cool & mossy green brook.

I seek asked answers from the eagle on painted sky,
With empty talon & beak where purple breezes sigh,
Must I really follow every squeak, tweet & squawk?
Or wend my lonely way along the path of the hawk?

I venture where the ox-pecker seeks fresh red blood,
To the land where the willing vulture awaits in mud,
Maybe what I sleepily seek is in the voice of the gull,
Drifting upon the airy thermals, to the icy isles of Mull.

The secret´s not in the voice of the sweet nightingale,
Nor in the robin sobbing where the cold winter wails,
I plead from dove, thrush, wren & the little jackdaw,
To please show me to the portals of Utopia´s front door.

I ask them all, “Don´t you lead me on a path too far,
Into the fair land of dreams, onto yonder Shangri-La?”
The dove coos, the little lark laughs & the old owl hoots,
The colibri´s wings strum to the tune of nature´s flutes.

I strain & listen to my dream´s feathered wise voices,
Musical cacophony of too many sleepy vocal choices,
Clinging on to the last threads of sleep & so very weary,
And then I release the gold lock of the sad caged canary.

Morpheus then lifts the last vestiges of my restless sleep,
As I struggle to cling to my plumed dream, calmed & deep,
When as the dawn lifts my heavy lids, I hear her pretty song,
A little linnet´s voice echoes, leading my way sweet & strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment