Tuesday 19 March 2013

PIECE BY PIECE:



Looking into the mirror at lines, wrinkles & creped greying neck,
I see the drooping, the loosening & sagging of a poor sorry wreck,
Taken apart, stitch by stitch, bit by bit, by life´s cruel steely hand,
The ebbing corporal tides & soft dunes of skin´s tired shifting sands.

Please God, take me to pieces & little by little I ask, take me apart,
Oil my rusty hinges, replace the lost nails & give me brand new parts,
Sandpaper the old me, paint away the cracks with fresh patina anew,
Remove the creaking pains, refresh the stains & fix the bones askew.

Please dust away all my old sins, wash & replenish my sick rusty soul,
Remove all loose, broken, useless pieces & make me once again whole,
Re-programme my capacity for loving, kindness & my weary old brain,
And put me back, piece by piece, bit by bit, so that I may start over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment