Monday 18 March 2013

CONFUSION:



Have I got my life all wrong or have I got it right?
Did I paint the picture black, or did I paint it white?
Being perfect, or imperfect, should do that, or this?
Don´t do this, don´t do that, a near hit, a total miss.

Obey parents, listen to teachers, am I right or wrong?
Should I whisper words, or maybe just yell the song?
Have I made folk happy, or perhaps not done enough?
I´ve done all I have been told & followed all that stuff.

Was I the parent every child would really want & need?
Did I give enough to the needy & poor who beg & plead?
And was my love happy enough living closely by my side?
I find it so confusing, this life´s journey & its long dizzy ride.

Those doctors talk of exercise, diets & a million other rules,
The media dictates trends & if not followed, call us fools,
Church, governments, banks, all preach what we should do,
And if you don´t obey, daunting fingers point straight at you.

Right, wrong, do, don´t, I´ve tried it all & done it all my way,
At my birth, God just said, “You´re on your own, try not stray”,
No instruction book issued at birth, on how to live my life,
At times, in the palm of God, at others  on the edge of Satan´s knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment