Thursday 21 March 2013

TAKE ME AWAY FROM, TAKE ME TO:



Take me away from dark places in the mind
There where analysis dwells,
To where Bridget whispers her wisdom through
Her deep & magical wells.

Take me away from those loveless corners
Of my lost childhood years,
To deep within Green-sleeves forests
So that I may play with deer.

Take me away from those twisted minds
Of the cruel men who reign,
To swaying fields of golden waving wheat
Kissed by poppies upon the plains.

Take me away from those harsh horrid hands
Those that tightens hangman´s rope,
To the land where bearded fiddlers play
Filling my soul with tuneful hope.

Take me away from those sad sodden paths
Of the daily mired grind,
To where the midnight raven flies
And where the poet caresses the mind.

Take me far away from that hollow look
Within the eye of the starving child,
Up to the sky beyond the clouds
To where the mighty eagle glides.

Take me away from the whimpering pup
From the cursing words that sting,
To the shingle of cold winter beaches
Where the icy little pebbles sing.

Take me away from these arid lands
Where seeds forget to grow,
To woods where pretty maidens trip
And fresh streams giggle & flow.

Take me away from this cruel world
Where all is bad & goes astray,
To the cold spume of Northern shores
Where falcons weave their wending ways
And to you I kneel & softly pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment