Thursday 7 March 2013

BRICKS:



Machu-Pichu, Stonehenge and the sheer transparent Shard,
Built Of old stones, silica glass, or of concrete cold and hard,
I gaze up at those ancient pyramids, so solid, proud and high,
And I greet that regal Sphinx, watching with sandy daunting eye.

Statues of great men, of Liberty and promises of futures bright,
The tolling voice of Big Ben and the Eiffel Tower in bright lights,
Graceful rosy Taj-Mahal in the sunsets of promised ancient love,
Versailles, castles, galleries, elegant spires disappearing up above.

Of all I´ve seen, erected, constructed and built by man or machine,
I would choose over all built, beneath the shady tree of soft green,
Made with red adobe, wood and straw and by my own small hand,
My little mud hut sitting all alone, upon my small piece of African land.

No comments:

Post a Comment