Wednesday 13 March 2013

LIGHT:



On my red & squalling birth, she gently took my little hand & led,
Saying, “Welcome to your new home, this lovely place called earth,”
Against her prising fingers I closed my eyes & shook my tiny head,
Wondering why it hurt so much, this light & this thing called birth.

She led me unfailingly through this long & winding path called life,
Peeping into windows as she went & lying draped upon the floors,
Playing with dark daily shadows & always teasing away my strife,
And then we danced life over waters, over fields & floral moors.

And when I tarried too long upon those night´s pillowed dreams,
She´d tiptoe into my room, kiss my cheek & softly call my name,
She´d push me forward when I tripped on life´s dark lost schemes,
Nudging me towards promising tomorrows & out of life´s grey frames.

When the mantle of night fell, or when the day appeared wet & grey,
Or when the dark clouds descended & my tears mingled with the rain,
You always appeared through the tunnel & my fears you chased away,
You lit a smile upon my face & always caressed away my aching pain.

When those last twilight days arrived & my old life began to wane,
And the dizzying of those days ebbed & then slowly lost their fight,
She whispered in my ear, “Don´t worry, for beyond we´ll dance again,
For on the tunnel´s other side, my smiling is a far more brilliant sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment