Wednesday 16 July 2014

I SHALL WEAVE YOU A BASKET:


I shall weave you a fine raffia basket,

With love & every fibre of my being,

Within every weft, I shall weave a kiss,

With every knot tied, I shall tie a wish,

My love I´ll entwine between the weave,

I´ll braid softly, thread by golden thread,

Twining wind-kissed & earth given grasses,

In the pattern, I shall sing songs of long-ago,

In the plaiting I´ll twist poetry & ancient tales,

Stories of Goddesses & Ancestors long gone,

The moon shall be woven within every strand,

The sun will bless its usage & stars grace its rim,

And when I have completed my golden basket,

I´ll give it to you with love & a million promises,

You´ll fill it with lemons, limes & juicy mangoes,

Ripe fruits that taste of golden African sunsets,

And in its acceptance, I shall know you love me.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment