Tuesday 29 July 2014

HYPOCHONDRIA:


I am ill & I know it, I have a sweating brow,

My pulse is racing madly & I´m so dizzy now,

My breath comes in gasps & so hard to breath,

Put your hand on my breast, & see how it heaves.

 

There´s beating in my chest, my poor sick heart,

My slurring words, that know not how to start,

Legs turned to rubber & my hands all of a quiver,

Pleases feel my skin prickle & notice how I shiver.

 

My eyes tend to tear up & my mouth is very dry,

One moment I´m laughing, the next, I start to cry,

I am never very hungry & my appetite has gone,

Lie beside my sleepless form, after sun has shone.

 

Doctors duly tell me, “It is merely love, my dear,

You´ve fallen in deeply, but nothing you need fear,”

It is you who´s made me ill & upon whom I do dote,

So please come & cure me, be my healing antidote.

No comments:

Post a Comment