Wednesday 14 May 2014

VISITING HOURS IN HEAVEN:


I wish there were visiting hours in heaven,

The time wouldn’t matter, eleven or seven,

I´d climb those long stairs, every single day,

Even though, with you, I´d much rather stay.

 

I´d kiss your cheek & I would hold you tight,

And I´d tell you I love you, with all my might,

We´d sit upon a bench, in heaven´s soft clouds,

We´d whisper sweet nothings & shout them aloud.

 

I´d hold your old hand & you´d dry my wept tears,

I would tell you I miss you & we´d talk of our years,

You´d tell me you love me, that nothing had changed,

I´d say, “But on earth without you, I feel so strange”.

 

And then, when the visiting hours are all over & done,

I´d trudge down those stairs, to my earth with no sun,

But you promised, that there would come the fine day,

That, when I visited with you, I would be able to stay.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment