Wednesday 7 May 2014

GECKO:


Little Mr. Gecko, creeping up my wall,

Are you not afraid, that you´re ever going to fall?

“No dear lady, I´ve sticky little toes with which to creep,

And can even stick upside-down when I fall fast asleep.”

 

Little Mr. Gecko, how silent you move & fast you go,

And you dart so quickly & you never go slow,

“Yes dear lady, I move so as not to disturb,

Most folk fear us & get quite perturbed.”

 

Little Mr. Gecko, with your time, what do you do?

You disappear & at times, I lose sight of you,

“Oh dear lady, at night I eat bugs, so you, they won’t bite,

When you go away, I sleep, as your day is my night.”

 

Little Mr. Gecko, are you happy? I never see you cry,

Just hear your tiny slippered footsteps, as soft as a sight,

“Remember dear lady, that I´m just a tiny gecko,

As I tiptoe through your sleep, you´ll only hear my echo.”

No comments:

Post a Comment