Friday 16 May 2014

SOLILOQUY OF SILICA:


Nobody listens, nor hears your gravelly voice,

But I´m here now, talk, I give you that choice,

I´m listening to you, with my ear to the ground,

I know you have opinions; I hear your heart pound.

 

Sing me secrets in songs, in gravel tongued whisper,

Tell me tales of old, exuding from your silica glister,

Please wax lyrical to me, of your ancient lived stories,

Of what you´ve seen & of your old battles & glories.

 

Pander me with poetry, from newly born pebbles,

So that my cynical heartbeat throbs & then trebles,

Whisper wind-fallen words, of secrets dark stowed,

Upon those old trade winds, soft wafted & blowed.

 

Will you tell me tender, of wondrous white whales?

From deep in your heart, hard & as cold as steel nails,

Rhyme me from the rock, of your un-breathable stones,

Tell stories, sonnets & odes, from inside your old bones.

 

Bandy me, with bulerias of sand, stone & gritty clay boulder,

From your heart & soul, where life could never get colder,

Soliloquy of ancient old silica, I am yours for the listening,

As silently upon earth, you forever sit, stolid & glistening.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment