Monday 19 May 2014

THE OLD SILVER FRAME:


Watching me, an old sepia smile upon your sweet face,

In your old silvered frame, within your past life encased,

Time holds you gently, in her yellowing & undying arms,

Your face, never ageing & death protecting your charms.

 

When the Angels claimed your soul & then took you away,

Your image, then frozen, so that on earth, you would stay,

Placed behind glass then smiling, in new silver smart frame,

Frame now tarnished & buckled, but you´ve stayed the same.

 

You´re daily dusted & polished & kissed by me, with each turn,

Looking at your smile, I say, “A new frame you´ve now earned”,

But, I haven’t the heart to take you, from your silver bent home,

So I’ll continue to dust, polish & kiss you & I shall leave you alone.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment