Thursday 29 May 2014

I´LL PAINT YOU THE COLOUR OF THE WIND:


With paint poised, canvas blank & brushes at the ready,

You sit posing, I watch you, with my hand waiting, steady,

Do I paint your eyes in turquoise seas, or maybe olivine?

The gown upon your pearly breast, in leaf of forest green?

 

Do I paint your hair in wheaten gold, in bronze or of the earth?

Shall I kiss your skin with sun, or the moonbeams of your birth?

Shall I paint upon your face, a pretty smile, or shall it be a frown?

And upon your rounded cheeks, paint I roses, or freckles brown?

 

Do I daub your lips in juice of apricot, peach, or raspberry red?

And what about those wily curls, that I´ll paint about your head?

I´ll not take risk of being told, that I´m wrong or that I´ve sinned,

So I shall merely paint you my dear, in the colour of God´s wind.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment