Sunday 18 May 2014

AFRICAN NIGHTS:


That place, where all my old dreams weep,

In Africa´s bedroom, where I´ll finally sleep,

Where mimosa winds, waft & softly billow,

That´s where I shall lay my scented pillow.

 

In African nights, of those big creeping herds,

Where the serenading, is of crickets & birds,

Where hyenas laugh at their leftover feasts,

That´s where I´ll sleep, among all the beasts.

 

In watering holes, of the slaked-thirst ripple,

Where hippos wallow & the elephants tipple,

Where heat & dust have dipped warm fingers,

That´s where I´ll slumber, where old sun lingers.

 

That place, of velvet skies & ancient silver moons,

Of stellar blanket, ebony bats & old wise baboons,

That place, where all sounds & beasts stalk & slink,

I´ll lay my head, where the African sun sets & sinks.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment