Wednesday 19 March 2014

YOU´RE HERE:


“Dead & gone, not here nor there”, everybody said,

“Time to move on, she´s no more here, she´s dead”,

But how little they know, all those well-meaning folk,

I know you´re here, as in the wind, it´s you who spoke.

 

A nuance, echo, whisper, it´s your voice in the breeze,

Love letters you send, in falling leaves from old trees,

In the waves of wild oceans, it´s your singing I can hear,

In ripples upon the bay of silence, I know you are here.

 

In golden sunbeams dancing, I see your smiling shine,

I taste your kiss of cherries, in every glass of ruby wine,

It´s your tears upon my cheek, in the falling of the rain,

It´s your breathing in the air, I feel releasing my sad pain.

 

When the night envelops me, I know it´s your warm arms,

And moonlight shadows; always bring forth your old charms,

I see within the shining of stars, the twinkling of your eyes,

In all things, I know you´re here, that you never really died.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment