Saturday 1 March 2014

THE GRANDDAUGHTER:


Last night I dreamt of the granddaughter whom I´ll never see,

The precious little girl, I shall never have & who may never be,

And in my dreaming I gave her, all I know & all I´ve ever had,

I showed her all of beauty, showed of only good & nothing bad.

 

In dreaming, I placed a coronet of “pretty,” upon her golden curls,

And within her innocent head, I bestowed the “worth of little girls”,

Upon her lips of rose-buds pink, I kissed the forever-ready smiles,

 And upon those tiny shell-like feet, the urge to run for many miles.

 

Within her mind, I placed her confidence & abhorrence of the ire,

Hopefully I gave her good enough, so that she´d always be a trier,

And within her tiny beating heart, all the love she could endure,

Just knowing where she came from, she only ever could be pure.

 

And when from my dream I awakened & saw she was not real,

I knew her to be somewhere, someplace, that much I could feel,

So to you my little granddaughter, wherever you may actually be,

Angel, grandma is always waiting & you can always come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment