Sunday 30 March 2014

MY FRIENDS THE WORDS:


You are whom I play with, deep within my ageing head,

You´re my friends I dream with, when I´m asleep in bed,

You´re the ones I rely on, when my heart is aching sore,

You´re deep beneath my skin & you ooze from every pore.

 

You are the ones I search for, when I seek my missing soul,

You´re the only ones around, when I try to fill the gaping hole,

You´re ones upon my tongue, releasing knots so tightly tied,

You´re the ones within my prayers, confessing when I´ve lied.

 

You were the ones so close to me, when as a child, I played,

You were ones consoling, in broken loves & ones who stayed,

You´re the ones, in ageing, who´ve stayed when all have gone,

And you´re the friends of lifetimes, where the sun once shone.

 

You are the ones here now, holding my old dry & dying hand,

You’re whispering in my ear, that we are off to a fairer land,

You may be just mere words, but to me, you´re my very breath,

You were my lifetime friends, those who now console in death.

No comments:

Post a Comment