Sunday 2 March 2014

STEPS TO HEAVEN:


Only so many steps go to Heaven, all the others lead to hell,

At least, that´s what I´ve been told & what the priests do tell,

Step by step, tier by tier, up winding ladder to expectant door,

Up & down the stairs & back, striving for time, just a little more.

 

With every deed done for good & within every pleading prayer,

I take the steps, two by two, up the never ending, winding stair,

But with every sin then committed, I slide the hard banister down,

Whizzing past good deeds done, until again, I hit waiting ground.

 

Up I get, dust myself down, trudging off once more, I start again,

With every daunting step I wearily walk, I feel my sad & erring pan,

Dear Heaven above, here I come, ever determined in my daily plod,

Steps to heaven, taken one by one, bent on seeing my waiting God.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment