Monday 2 December 2013

THE STORY TELLER:



From the old butterfly net of his moth eaten mind,
Collecting letters & words of every type sort & kind,
The brief snatches of songs from those long ago days,
Elderly memories that come, but now so rarely stays.

His tellings of the seasons & the soft flowering of blooms,
Relating in poems, of waxing & waning of old blue moons,
He narrates of warm summers & then the turning of leaves,
And of snow on far hilltops, after the gathering of sheaves.

He talks of pretty ladies, all children & the senses of men,
Of exotic far places & of the love for his home in the glen,
His words honour women- & romance of hot primed lovers,
His tales waft on high, upon the flight of soft feathered plovers.

So I asked him, “Please tell me your tales, dear story-telling man,”
But he just sweetly smiled at me & took hold of my small hand,
“The tales are within you child, you make your own life stories,”
And turning away, he left me to weave my own sweet glories.

No comments:

Post a Comment