Saturday 28 December 2013

DREAMS OF OCHRE WALLS:

I dream not of winter´s icy icicles, nor of cold & empty halls,
I dream of old gold lemon groves, bougainvillea & ochre walls,
A place where the soft cool shadows make love to cobbled stones,
Where guitars are strummed & the sleepy bee hums dips & drones.

I dream not of sad grey, nor of the iced drab, hard & cruelly harsh,
But of the turquoise dragonflies, that play down by emerald marsh,
I dream of midday heat, where soft silence sits still & warmly blisters,
And promises in pebbles beckon, where the shore wet, in gold glisters.

I dream not of glaring hum-drum noise, nor of any sorry & banal ado,
I dream only of the echoing waves, white clouds & skies of cyan blue,
Where soft whispering of old carob trees, give shade to market stalls,
My haven shall be that place, where I dream of golden ochre walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment