Sunday 29 December 2013

I KNOW NO MORE:



You are mine, from pre-conception, womb & birth,
The one I nurtured & brought in life, down to earth,
The cuddling, feeding & cradling, that was me to you,
Remember me, your mother, or have you forgotten too?

Years carried you into that land, of being a grown man,
Leaving behind the child you were & off & away you ran,
Leaving the mother who loved you & now no longer needed,
“Be careful my son” I said, but you turned, no longer heeded.

Are you now tall, short, maybe stout, or perhaps so very lean?
Is your hair now shorn, long, or maybe grey streaks are seen?
Is your dear face wreathed in smiles or marked in life´s sad pain?
It´s been so long now son, that I cannot remember it all again.

Size of your clothes, colour of your eyes & the clothes you wear,
Do you have a wife of your own, if you do, is she dark or fair?
Maybe kiddies too & if you do, then that would make me a Nan,
Sorry, I now hardly recall, since the day that you long-away ran.

I know no more, I know not where you roam, nor who you are,
I know not what you´ve done, where you´ve been, close or far,
I never imagined that, when years ago & when farewell you bade,
Mother & son, strangers we´d become-& by far distance so made.

Tell me son, what music do you listen to & what books do you read?
I thought I knew you through & through, before even the tiny seed,
Son it has been so long now, since I have seen your sweet lovely face,
My dear son, within my heart & soul, there will always be your place.

No comments:

Post a Comment