Monday 2 December 2013

SOUL´S REFURNISHING:



Stagnant & stale, my soul calls it´s sad wailing tune,
Calling, “Give me fresh airs with turning of new moon”,
Wherever soul´s eyes lay, it sees sad, seedy destruction,
Time to refurnish the soul, it´s my gut-feeling´s deduction.

Be banished bright lights of life´s chandeliered cartoons,
Enough Hi-Tech, I pods, I pads & loud mouthed buffoons,
No more mind numbing banality upon flickering screens,
Tired of media sobbing & bullet-peppered war screams.

I shall carpet my soul´s floors with fields of new blooms,
I´ll wallpaper skies in friezes, of suns & soft opal moons,
Above murk, soul will see Venus, Jupiter, Saturn & Mars,
Where wishes are carried by birds to twinkling soft stars.

Soul´s eyes shall turn away from the urinal pissed streets,
Where blasphemy´s strewn around plodding of poor feet,
The weight of it all, weighs heavily upon my sick aching soul,
And upon her sad bent shoulders, it is now all taking its toll.

I´ll cushion soul´s old sofa with white scudding soft clouds,
I´ll paint dawns gentle pink & dusks quietly gold, not loud,
Soft tree-sprigged forests, furnishings of ivy & old wisteria,
I´ll perfume light rooms in lilacs & roses, no noise & hysteria.

Dear soul, I present you with your home, clean, fresh & new,
From this moment on, I´ll never bequeath sadness upon you,
And together we´ll dance, soft as feathers & light on our feet,
To places where beauty is the only friend we´re likely to meet.


No comments:

Post a Comment