Monday 5 August 2013

WENDING WAYS:



Although I am weary & wary, I´m wending my way,
Through bright moony nights & the sunshine of day,
I tiptoe through dark forests & deep bluebell woods,
Passing old wells, wolves & chanting Druids in hoods,
With pixies peep-peeping & brown bears deep sleeping,
I know I am safe in the forest folk´s gentle soft keeping.                                   

I wend my melodic way, through Viennese old dance halls,
Gliding through cloisters & churches of mossy stone walls,
Tripping thru fields of red poppies & pretty white daisies,
Beneath raindrops, snowflakes & skies dark, grey & hazy,
I plod through clouds of black sadness & thick heavy mud,
Through every season, till I see spring´s first flowering bud.

Wending all ways, over oceans, seas & through many skies,
Walking through time, from birth until the day that I´ll die,
Walking in spirit, down paths & those long winding roads,
Shedding as I go, life´s tribulations & it’s sad heavy loads,     
And so when my time comes, to go to God´s waiting side,
I shall wend my way home, knowing that I had really tried.


No comments:

Post a Comment