Thursday 15 August 2013

COME AND DANCE AWAY WITH ME:



“Please come & dance far away with me”, said he,
Promising to waltz me away, across far & distant sea,
“Don your pretty frock, let´s dance to flute, fiddle & drum,
Lift your red frilled petticoats & put shaming to the sun”.

No dear sir, I prefer to garb my soul in mists of gentle grey,
In mantle of ancient green, where the willows bend & pray,
Please just give me the melodies of old & whispering oaks,
And my dancing I shall do with Druids in moss-clad cloaks.

If you prefer sunny days & I opt for mists of swirling greys,
You want the coloured noise of jigs & I prefer a gentle sway,
Then you must go to your din, while in my forest I must stay,
And we can never be together, so please sir, be on your way.



No comments:

Post a Comment