Tuesday 20 August 2013

BELONGING:



Oh for those evenings of summer time days, when mama called across fields as the sun wended its way, towards far horizons, all rosy & pink, where into its distant bed it would slide gently, dip & sink.                                                                                                                                                            When papa would run to meet me & lifted me high into his arms, so close to the sky where I would nestle my cheek into his beard like a soft birdie’s nest & he´d walk me home holding me close & tight to his chest & I´d smell his vest of herbs.         
Those warm sudsy baths blowing bubbles of spume, talcy soft toes smelling of old faded rose & pyjamas with stars & fat smiling moons. Supper of gold dippy eggs laid in the yard by brown fat hens; home baked crusty soldiers dunked in yolks & cold frothy milk, gulped, slurped & drunk.
Then, leaden-lidded & being tucked up tight in my small feather bed, with mama holding my hand & soft-stroking my head, while papa told me stories of goblins & gnomes & I was so glad I was safe, loved & tucked up at home where I belonged.                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment