Friday 23 August 2013

DEN OF INIQUITY:



Decrepit & ragged, he prayed to God on bended knee,
Please my Lord, I am lost, please have mercy on me,
I could not help but lose to my erring & sinning ways,
To the beckoning of absinth & smoky skirts that sway.

Those dens of iniquity, sins & that terrible virulent vice,
The hookah’s opium, old rum & that forever rolling dice,
Those kohl blackened eyes & the luring of big breasts,
Please Lord I ask you, is it too late for me to be blessed?

Sins of sequins & smiling scarlet lips carmined with red,
Luscious hips spinning to the music deep within my head,
Sexual attraction, lustfully, wantonly & slickly slathered,
Life-blood, in places where the men are readily gathered.

Lord I pray, lift this dreaded lure away from my tired brain,
Take this dice from my pocket & from aching loins, the pain,
I just want to return to that man, the one I was once born,
“Rise my son, you are forgiven, now go into the new morn.”

No comments:

Post a Comment