Wednesday 2 January 2013

SPACES:



Once I invited you into my own sacred space,
Where I learned your body & studied your face,
I gave you my loving & you soon made your place,
Softly tiptoeing around me without leaving a trace,
Softly we walked the years at our own gentle pace.

Hand in hand we walked the hard pavements of life,
Not treading on our toes & not causing much strife,
Walking the highways & byways & the edge of a knife,
But our loving was plentiful, joyous, overflowing & rife,
We ambled through our years, loving as husband & wife.

Upon the space on my pillow you laid your sweet head,
You´d lead me through days, & at night it was I that led,
With each birth of our sons it was both of us that bled,
And these special spaces we filled in our life´s happy bed,
Were those spaces we promised to fill on the day we wed.

No comments:

Post a Comment