Wednesday 2 January 2013

ALONE:



I´m not lonely, merely wishing to stand alone,
Like the old contented dog gnawing his bone,
 I apologise to nobody, nor do I wish to atone,
By wanting to just be in my own solitary home,
I´m not lonely, I merely wish to stand on my own.

I´m the last golden leaf upon the autumn´s trees,
I´m happy laughing lark sailing on wafting breeze,
I´m single dew-drop washed away on errant seas,
I´m the crystal icicle dripping in the winter´s freeze,
So do not ever call me lonely, I beg of you please.

I´m the first star in the heavens appearing too soon,
The sun above, warm & alone in new summer´s June,
Mighty & brilliant, I´m the only blue midnight moon,
I´m that tiny single grain of sand that forms the dune,
I´m not lonely, I´m not the song, just the echoing tune.

So, leave me be, I am not lonely, merely alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment