Saturday 5 January 2013

ENIGMA:



She appears mysteriously everywhere & wherever I go,
Passing, softly ambling, never too fast & never too slow,
She glides like an extremely shy, graceful & elegant fawn,
Down by the morning marina in the cool rose kissed dawn,
Shaded eyes & peeping from straw hat, hair tipped in gold,
Her demeanor, cool, aloof, timid & yet so assuredly bold.

This being, pretty, chic, sassy, & so beautifully elegant is she,
Everywhere I look I see her & yet she never ever notices me,
On the Boulevard of dead musicians when the sun goes down,
Sitting at terraced bar, by the beach-front on the edge of town,
Sipping black velvet cocktails & gazing far out across the azure sea,
Politically incorrect, Sobrani smoke from her lips, curling blue & free.

Crossing whispering-silk-stockinged ankles, delicate & beautifully thin,
Be-ringed painted talons, demure veiled eyes & marbled alabaster skin,
Her oceaned gaze & secret smile dancing upon her mouth, scarlet lipped,
Solitary, secret & mysterious, she just sits & from her glass slowly sipped,
Who is this woman, this solitary soul, this enigma whom I see everywhere?
She with the gliding grace, the painted lips & the be-hatted gold tipped hair.

She comes & goes, appears, disappears & she wafts & then off she wends,
Across the cobbled roads, down by the harbor & around the street bends,
Is she my grandmother, is she my mother, or is she maybe really just me?
A yearning old soul that is the lonely soaring gull or the lone solitary tree,
“No”, says that voice of ancient wisdom from deep within my inner whole,
“What you are seeing on every corner is only your shadow & perpetual soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment