Thursday 3 January 2013

AGEING:



When my skin sags, begins to hang loose,
And I begin to leak, ooze, lose all my juice,
I can only deduce that it´s time to reduce,
All I drink, spirits, beer, cider & sweet wine,
Every morsel of fat, sugar & of all that I dine,
As doctors tell me I´m walking a very fine line.

I no longer jog & sweat for the beautiful body,
But slowly I amble along like Big-ears & Noddy,
Just keeping old joints oiled & not too shoddy,
Fifty shades of grey is meant to make me drool,
But there´s a spanner in the works, a missing tool,
Let´s face it, buying Playboy makes you feel a fool.

Cholesterol, blood-pressure, gout & gall stones,
Osteoporosis makes mockery of old thin bones,
Forget the drunken parties, I´d rather be home,
Sipping hot chocolate in pyjamas fluffy & warm,
In old beige slippers that have long lost their form,
Isn’t this proper ageing, what´s known as the norm?

When the lusty drooling & the passionate strippings,
Give way to zimmered dressings & toothless drippings,
When my memory flips & goes on far errant trippings,
Then it´s time to don my plumed boa & my silly red hat,
Time to leave my blanket & slippers upon fire-side mat,
And dance, dance, dance to the tango & that old jazz scat.

No way Jose, if I have to age then I´ll do it hot & fighting,
I shall hit the down town city with the garish neon lighting,
Try removing me & I shall be clawing, spitting & truly biting,
If I have no choice but to grow old, then I´ll do it my own way,
Sex, drugs & rock & roll, bring it all on please & just let us play,
But please dear, I´ll have it by the fire on a nice, cosy warm tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment