Tuesday 16 June 2015

DON´T:


“Don´t” said the rhino, please don´t take my horn

It is just who I am, & it´s exactly how I was born,

Don´t leave my baby orphan, by taking away my breath,

By killing me, you´d too, cause his young untimely death.

And the rhino wept tears.

 

“Don’t” said the elephant, please don´t take my ivory tusk,

Do not leave me dying, like lonely greying & broken husk,

My ivory is just for me, & should never by you, be worn,

Nor should it for any reason, from my body, ever be torn.

And the elephant wept tears.

 

“Don´t” said the ostrich, please don´t pluck out my plumes,

Do not use them for your dusters, your boas, or your brooms,

It is so very sad to die, merely to remove your gathered dust,

What is it about your killing that feeds your sad & thirsty lust?

And the ostrich wept tears.

 

“Don´t” said all animals, please don´t take our skins, furs & claws,

Do not kill, maim, or hurt us, by showing us all your human flaws,

We´re not put on earth as trophies, & not here for anyone´s game,

If you just leave us all in peace, then you´ll have no need for shame,

And the world wept tears.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment