Friday 12 July 2013

SPACE INVADERS:



What is it with people who make it their business to invade my space?
Those who tread on my toes, those who get too close & get in my face,
This universe is so very big & the world is enormous, so very far & wide,
So why do they follow me wherever I go & wherever I deem to hide?

On paths, roads, highways, byways, on my noticing their ever presence,
So close passing me by, that I can smell all their auras & sweaty scents,
All jogging, cycling, walking, huffing, puffing & all perspiring in my face,
When all around there are plenty of paths, roads & enough empty space.

My quiet Sunday towel on tranquil sandy beach, is always unfairly invaded,
By seething hoards so close, touching, chafing & leaving me sorely shaded,
On trains, busses, the underground metros, all pushing, shoving & rubbing,
While in my head, they all leave me screaming, beating & surely drubbing.

In supermarkets & shops, with trolleys pushed into the back of sore knees,
I´m the sorry victim of their smelly breath & receiver of the errant sneeze,
In cinemas & theatres, their coughs, chewing, munching of popcorn & gum,
In sardine queues, squashed & pummeled, not moving till I´m blue & numb.

I search, hunt, seek & look around for all those peaceful & empty spaces,
And in selfish desperation I go in search of all those solitary & quiet places,
But no matter where I go, when I arrive there, I always unfortunately find,
Someone there, who insists on invading my space & claiming my wary mind.

I always mind my own business, always try to lie low & just go my own way,
But guess what? There are always those who insist on crowding my noisy day,
Is it too much to ask of invaders, to just get out of the way & my tired old face,
And to please just leave me well alone & leave me just a little bit of quiet space?

No comments:

Post a Comment