Monday 15 July 2013

CEREBRAL ECHOES:



Why does no one hear what I can hear in my mind?
Sounds of lost childhood that echoes & tightly binds,
Noises that curl around the heart & settles in the soul,
Filling voids of the past & yet still leaves gaping hole.

The crowing of roosters cracking the ice of new morn,
Braying of mules off to the mines before crack of dawn,
The trundling of trams over cobbles, old, cold & grey,
And the haunting funnels wailing in the mists of the bay.

Those sun cracking pods in the summer wheaten fields,
Of Thor´s chariot as he spits & his lightening whip wields,
Raindrops on tin roof, snow-white-crisp & new crunching,
New baked bread chewed & in silence heard munching.


Mama, in the silent mists of time, calling out my name,
That hop-along-cane of papa´s leg, slow, clumsy & lame,
Those midnight fraught barkings of my faithful old dog,
And the hooting of old owls as they perch on barn logs.

Why does no one else hear what I hear deep down inside?
In the rebounding places where I go when I cower & hide,
My mindful sirens of old echoes in that very far away land,
Where my childhood & I walk together, hand in sweet hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment