Saturday 8 November 2014

IF I WERE A DOCTOR:


If I were a doctor, what fun I´d have prescribing,

As patients, their ailments, to me are describing,

The ooh´s, the aah´s & “Doctor I have such pains,”

Id´ prescribe a pill of joy & end their suffering banes.

 

For the heebie-jeebies, I´d dish out chocolate dark,

For the downies & mopes, a lovely walk in the park,

And when they´re fed up & have had just enough,

A glass of wine & occasional tot, of the good stuff.

 

Sprinkle seeds on your puddings & oil on your salads,

Dance with the moon; sing jazz, blues & joyful ballads,

Hug those near you & talk to them, of your undying love,

And share all your problems, with the Great One above.

 

If I were a doctor, I would advise you to smile & to laugh,

To take life by the horns & never-ever do things by half,

To talk to the stars & to dance under the pattering rain,

And when that´s all done, just start over & do it all again.

 

If I were a doctor, I would tell you “Never forget to smile,”

To climb up those mountains & run that extra long mile,

But I fear, I am no doctor, so you may just walk away,

But as your good friend, I´d just like to say, do it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment